Sunday, July 02, 2006

Inside there is something empty
Inside this heart of mine
I go around, not even aware
trying to fill it all the time

God you see me as I am
and you know my sin is great
But You are much greater, Savior
as I drown in all I hate

So you have to come and save me
See, I cannot save myself
All attempts have left me battered
by the knowledge of Your wealth

Last night the sky was gorgeous
and I felt your love so free
But today the sky is glaring
into the weakest part of me

Still I trust you more than ever
and in turning from my ways
I am free to love you only
and to live within Your gaze

"Jesus I am resting, resting
in the joy of what Thou art
I am finding out the greatness
of Thy loving heart"

Church was so encouraging today. More
acurately, the Holy Spirit was so encouraging
today. And I am glad to have a clearer picture
of my own sinfulness. God, save me. I am
poor in Spirit, and it is a good thing, for it is
only the realization of something that was
always there.

I am all need and helplessness. You are full
of love and Truth. Fill me with You. Draw
us Lord. Draw all of those you have chosen
in Christ both in this country and around the
world. Show us more of who we are in light
of who You are, but only as much as we can
bear. This I ask through Christ, who bought
me with His blood, and who alone has the
power to change me, and to change us all.

1 comment:

Lisa Bender said...

hi Jenny!
Everything is good, thanks. :-)