Saturday, July 15, 2006

Now fear the Lord and serve him with all
faithfulness. Throw away the gods your
forefathers worshiped beyond the River
in Egypt, and serve the Lord.

...throw away the foreign gods that are
among you and yield your hearts to the
Lord, the God of Israel.

(excerpts from Joshua 24)


I'm coming up for air,
in need of fresh perspective
and a youthful inspiration
Up here the air is rare
But rare is my objective
regardless of respiration

The rockies are gorgeous

Sleeping on an uneven, hard dirt
surface, crammed in a little tent
with 3 other girls is hideous.

God however, is breathtaking, amazing

(excerpts from my journal in Colorado)


We hiked 12 miles in the Colorado rockies.
We slept under the stars and by the light
of the brightest moon I have ever seen.

Have you ever seen a real moon rise when
the moon actually casts shadows? It's great,
great, lovely.

Have you ever been thoroughly frustrated at
how differently people are wired than yourself?
It's messy, messy, tiring.

Love really is a choice, isn't it? Lord, help me
to make that choice, whatever that looks like.
Please show me, help me, love through me.

1 comment:

renee said...

mmm... i remember camping at the tops of mountains and being astonished at how bright the stars were... it's been awhile.