Wednesday, June 14, 2006

There was a great tension in Lawrence on June 14, 2006.
I was the only one who felt it, and so I felt it for the
whole city. I fought it and I kept on fighting it because
the options were: fight it or die.

In other words, I took a jog/run tonight to get out some
angst.

You might not know it by watching me in a crowd, but
I have a significant amount of fight in me.

Speaking of fight (which I have no one to do that with
tonight), here is an interesting look at God from
Dueteronomy.

"See now that I myself am He!
There is no god besides me.
I put to death and I bring to life,
I have wounded and I will heal,
and no one can deliver out of my hand.

I lift my hand to heaven and declare:
As surely as I live forever,
when I sharpen my flashing sword
and my hand grasps it in judgment,
I will take vengeance on my adversaries
and repay those who hate me.
I will make my arrows drunk with blood,
while my sword devours flesh:
the blood of the slain and the captives,
the heads of the enemy leaders."

--Duet. 32:39-42

That's not so warm and fuzzy, now is it?
Wow, that is the God we serve (or the enemy
we fight in vain against). Don't even try and
tell me my God isn't strong enough to fight
for me when all of my fight gets me nowhere.
He is my strength. He is the one my heart
adores. He is a warrior.

1 comment: