Sunday, August 27, 2006

"Out of my bondage, sorrow and night,
Jesus, I come, Jesus I come;
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light,
Jesus I come to Thee.
Out of my sickness into Thy health,
out of my wanting and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee."

And this is what matters to me: God.
And this is what everything rests on: Him.
And this is all my hope in times of trial: Jesus' blood.

Everything else is of mild importance.

That being said, it is beautiful and raining outside,
I just had a nice pancake lunch and talking with
Naomi, the tennet below me is playing strange
wind instrument music out of their open window,
and cars are driving down 6th St., tracking
through the wet streets.

I spent last night doing my favorite thing ever: getting
to know another human being better through music. He
played me some songs, I played him some songs, we tried
playing some songs together, and a certain kind of bond
that no one will ever be able to fully understand was made.
It is the bond that is created when people gather together
in whatever way and jump from "normal" means of
communication and experience the mystery of the
expression of soul through music. Whatever else happens
in life, bonds of the spirit type will carry on and complete
their purpose of bringing truth and beauty.

I don't know if I'm going too far to say it, but I think
God does, or at least can, move in spiritual ways through
music and the bond it creates between people to
experience it together. I guess that's why I'm so excited
about Music Therapy.

Classes are going great. Guitar is hard!! I feel like I'll never
be very good at it. It's so foreign to me. So to all you
guitar players out there, "You have my admiration!"

So, about that one guy, well, God is amazing, and I think
we've successfully transitioned to friends, of sorts. These
things are odd, but God is bigger than all of that.

And now I'm talking to this other guy, but that's all too
new to say anything about other than, "friends." cool,
cool stuff.

Bye, friend. Whatever happens, know that you mean a lot
to one kind of funny girl in Kansas. You are always welcome
at my door, though life may keep you from it for too long.
I understand. Life is a necessary evil. ??? What did I just
say? Um, ok I think I'm done now. I am in favor of existence,
yours in particular.

3 comments:

Lisa Bender said...

goodtoknow!! i'll do my best. :-)

Christy said...

Just a hello Lisa and an I miss you. I was listening to your cd the other day a realized how much I missed your beautiful face. :o)

Lisa Bender said...

the feeling is mutual sweet Christy. Thanks for your update email lately. miss you too!