Sunday, August 13, 2006

1 Corinthians 1:8-9

"He will keep you strong to the end, so
that you will be blameless on the day of
our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has
called you into fellowship with his Son
Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful."

I am glad to know that he will keep me
strong through those times I can't keep
myself strong. Yesterday was definately
one of those kinds of days.

I had a good 3 full days at home last week.
Had some conflictual moments with my
beloved sister, but hey, that's our thing.
I love her, she loves me, we occasionally
fight. We ended on a good note, in fact,
a great note, so it's all good.

Had some good times with mom and dad, Mae,
Mark and Mary, and my old friend Vickie who is
now going to my Dad's house church. Mom even
bought me some "back to school" clothes.

I'll just say I had a break up recently, and it's been
a little rough, but I'm doing well. These things
happen. Thank God I burned this CD from mom
when I was at home by Ken Medema. I listened to
Track 4 from his album "Little Pictures" and it really
helped me in the wake of my emotional storm. Here's
the chorus:

"There's got to be a better way
There's got to be a better dream
Won't somebody please come tell me
Life's not as bad as it may seem
When all my plans have crashed and burned
and there's nothin' more to say
I won't go on unless I know
There can be a better way
There's got to be a better way.."

This guy is really great. I like this CD a lot.
Also, I like Kris Delmhorst ("Songs For a Hurricane")
and Maria Callas (amazing Opera singer).

Oh, and here's that song I was telling you about last time:

Love Is Real

All this walking by faith
Can get me wondering
Is this all just a big mistake
Is there a God behind the thundering
(repeat, or fill in verse later)

God, I know that you're real
Though this statement leaves me confused
What is "knowing" anyway
Some say I can't "know" there's a you
But I have no better word
to explain what's inside of me
And how my soul just has to believe
It's you who gives my life meaning
So I know, I know, I know
that You are God and God is real

All this pain and suffering
Can sometimes make my heart sick
Through the ages the blade does swing
and I wonder, are you playing cruel tricks
And they ask, "Can you really believe
in all this talk of love and beauty?
There is no God or truth, you see?"
I fight these thoughts,
but some days they get to me

God, I know that you're real
You've proven faithful through and through
And for every time I've strayed
You've stayed and made your mercies new
And when overwhelming pain
is all I can feel or see
It's then your glory is explained
When I cry out you reach down to me
So I know, I know, I know
God is love and love is real


Still needs some work perhaps, but there you
have it.

Well, there's a storm brewing outside, so I had
better turn off my computer. And yes, there is
a God behind the thundering. Hope you are well.

1 comment:

Lisa Bender said...

:-) sweet! There's one more of me here in Lawrence too.