Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's been a long day folks.
6am Spring Show rehearsal, school,
two group lessons...tired.

But now I am listening to my Chris
Rice hymns CD (piano arrangements)
and it is very soothing. Also have
been enjoying reading Dallas Willard's
"The Spirit of the Disciplines" on
recommendation from my dad and
others. This is my first Willard
experience. So far it's great. It's
about how the disciplines, like prayer,
reading the word, fasting, solitude,
and service (things exemplified by the
life of Christ) are the keys to real
spiritual transformation in our daily
lives and in our mortal bodies.

Read this tonight:
"But now he has appeared once for all
at the end of the ages to do away with
sin by the sacrifice of himself. Just as
man is destined to die once, and after
that to face judgement, so Christ was
sacrificed once to take away the sins of
many people; and he will appear a second
time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation
to those who are waiting for him."
--Hebrews 10:26-27

Good, beautiful, amazing words. I need
them tonight. Lord, I am waiting. Help
me to always remember you and your
sacrifice that gave me life. I need you.

I just want to say thanks to Jamie for
being such a good friend to me.
He is graduating this Saturday. :-)

Here's to looking to God for solace and
comfort and life-giving truth.

I hope you are doing well friend. A true
friend is something I have come to value
very much lately. True friends are long-
suffering, forgiving, and willing to talk
with you or help you out. I have many of
these, even if I don't always take advantage
of them in favor of just bearing things alone.
Sometimes this is good, perhaps sometimes
not so much, but I'm learning.

OK, I'm done.

No comments: