Monday, May 08, 2006

I love it when I get to just chill with the "kids".
Today it was lovely outside and I got to spend
about 30 min. with various groups of three
just enjoying the warmth and being buddy-
buddy with them. It's a nice change from
having to be "teacher" all the time. I don't
know if any of them really see me as filling
that role however. I mean, they've gotten to
respect me mostly and listen to what I have
to say, but there's also an undertone of
friendship, and I'm glad for that. It makes
my job kind of fun sometimes.

Today there were three of them crowded
around me at my desk, and I was
simultaneously helping Andrea do ratios
and Trever with dividing fractions (multiply
by the reciprocal, remember? Yeah, I didn't
at first either). It was kind of funny. For a
moment there I felt so loved, so needed....
and then Andrea pushed me off my chair
almost on top of poor Trevor. Thanks a lot!
haha, it was an accident. We both DO NOT fit
on one chair afterall. funny, funny.

Spring show rehearsals are going well. I'm
actually having a lot of fun with the synth stuff.
Favorite so far: playing bassoon and oboe on
"I Got You Babe". It's ridiculously easy, but fun.
Least favorite: playing cheesy synth-keyboard
sound on "Dancing on the Ceiling."

WHAT A RIDICULOUS SONG.
The chorus is:
"Oh what a feeling when we're dancing on the ceiling."
need I say more? really, do I need to?
Yeah, 'cause then there's this crazy sixteenth note
passage that kills my hand all throughout that dumb
chorus. Oh, well.

Oh what a feeling when we're dancing on the ceiling?
What kind of a lyric is that? What was this guy on?
pure 80's cheese, that's what.

And on that uplifting note, I bid you goodnight.

3 comments:

Lisa Bender said...

ha
ha

Lisa Bender said...

Don't "kid" me Michial Farmer! I'm your momma.
(I think I've been around punk Jr. Highers too long)

Lisa Bender said...

no comment. (except that one)