Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I am marinating, just like cucmbers in vinegar.
So if you wonder where I'm at, what I'm doing
with my life, where I'm going...all I can say is
I'm marinating.

Can you dig it?

It is 7:30 pm and I've been either shopping for
food or cooking food ALL DAY. for real.

So far I've made my first two loves of homemade
bread ever (whole wheat with oregano, chives,
thyme and basil), Vegetable Bean Noodle Bake,
and Dilled (actually chived and rosmarried for
lack of Dill weed) Cucumber Salad - all recipes
from the wondrous cookbook, "Laurel's Kitchen".

Yesterday I went to Clinton Lake State Park for the
first time before work and walked a trail for a while.
It is an absolutely gorgeous park with a beautiful
lake view. And it's only about 10 minutes away!!

I am composing a budget for myself these days.
No more fun musical compositions till this one is
done. Welcome to the real world.

Turns out I am not going to have any extra cash
from my Wal-Mart salary. But it's enough.

Thank you to all my dear friends who have been
an encouragement to me lately. You may not
even know it. Maybe it was just the thought of
you, or a memory. Thank you. I remember the
mood of people, their aura, and all at once my
spirit is lifted. This also happens at work sometimes
when I catch the eye of some unsuspecting child,
and they smile at me, totally unaware of any social
pressures or worries. Their eyes are so full of
hope and trust. It is these kinds of interactions
and those moments of recalling people who have
touched my life that give me strength. It is
remembering all I have in Christ and His loving
care and concern for me. It is His Word.

Abby - I worry about you sometimes. I want to
confess this now. I have prayed for and thought
about you lately because I have been thinking
about my own financial situation and just hope
that you're not going to be overburdening yourself
financially during this time in a manner that will
be hard to overcome. I so hope this isn't the outcome.
I will be so happy if it all turns out awesome, but I
just want to tell you that I'm a bit worried for you.
I'm sorry, I can't help it. It's just so much money.
Oh, but I guess NYU is a once in a lifetime experience
where you will have exposure to all kinds of
opportunities, and who knows where they will lead?
Just promise me you'll get out if you discover it's not
just right for you or if it's just too much pressure and
financial strain, ok?

Sorry, I needed to get that out, I think.

Bethany, I am excited for you and your new life
adventure in the Army!! I hope boot camp is just
fabulous...or at least not as bad as one might imagine.
Jenny and I both agree though, if anyone could do it,
Bethany can.

Hello to everyone else TFC and otherwise related!!

Renee, let's both try to enjoy our jobs and lives during
this transitional, growing time of marination.

Jamie, sorry I haven't written you back yet. I've been
thinking that we should maybe talk on the phone next
time because e-mail can only go so far to convey the
full extent of meaning, and I honestly don't know what
to say at this point. Not in a bad way...I just need some
time to think I guess.

OK, we are now exiting the honesty room.

Welcome to the dishonest part of my blog where I lie
about everything....

now things are just getting silly. I think I should go. :-)

Good-bye for now you beautiful souls. :-)
Sing a song for me.

2 comments:

Lisa Bender said...

Thanks, Jenny.

renee said...

sigh. i'm trying. the key: to have other things in your life besides your job to think about/put energy into....