Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Engaged!!

Hello. What an incredible few months I have had! It has been crazy, but awesome. Jim and I are engaged! Not only that, we are planning our wedding, all set for September! I know, kind of a rush, right? But turns out, entirely possible. We've got all the major things in place.

I'm still kind of in shock, but am starting to adjust to being someone's fiancée. Hopefully by the time September 18 rolls around, I will be ready to be someone's wife! Well, not just someone's wife, Jim's wife. Yeah, I think I can do that. He is pretty much the most all around quality guy, and the best fit of a man for me, I've ever had the privilege of dating. We have had and I'm sure will continue to have our share of struggles and conflicts, but I am encouraged to know that we both rely on God primarily, and also, Jim has shown me so much love and grace through the conflicts we have faced so far.

We have SO much to learn. It is exciting though, because marriage gives us this new opportunity for growth like we have never known. I'm pretty sure there will be a whole lot of joy mixed in with that growth. I am so happy, so excited... and kind of scared... but the kind of scared you are before things you know you really want to do... like going off to college, or doing something daring that you've never done before, like a Colorado hiking trip, or performing for a small crowd of people at an open mic night in a strange new city. I know marriage isn't a whole lot like those things, but it's what I have to equate this feeling of excitement to.

I hope you are doing well. I hope you have people in your life who need you and who you need. Whether or not we realize it, we need each other! Anything or anyone who tells you differently is lying.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations to you!!!

Mark and Cristy said...

I guess a September wedding makes sense, since you love September and all. -Mark

Lisa Bender said...

Thank you, Tracy. Mark, I know the reference you are making. It is a cheesy song I wrote back in high school called "September." The first line is actually "I love September." And I do. Yeah for September and getting married!! Can't wait to see everybody and celebrate.