Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Hello and happy June!

Just a quick note to once again say that life is going great these days and I can hardly keep track of all of God's goodnesses to me. Continuing to make (slow) progress on the Thesis and get new piano students. Continue to grow more in love with my Jim. It's so great to finally be with someone where things seem to be steadily and consistently moving forward, it really is. There are bumps in the road, and I still have emotional struggles here and there and we misunderstand each other sometimes, but we're working through it and neither one wants to go anywhere. I'm so happy about that. It is very grounding and real.

Had a great weekend in Lincoln and spent some good time with Mary, Abigail, Crystal, Luke, Brianna, Cristy, Alex, Matthew, Mae, Mark, Maralee, Brian, Josh, Danny, Sivannah, Mom, Dad and Jim. Wow, what a big family I have, and that wasn't even everybody! I really enjoyed the time at the zoo, time at the mall with the nieces, time with Mary at Meadowlark, going to Valentino's with mom, dad and Jim, and time with Maralee and Brian at mom and dad's and at their house. I hope next time I can hang out with Mae a little more. She is so busy with those two little boys. : ) Can't blame her.

Hope you are well, anyone reading this. : ) Hope the summer is off to a great start and that you are productive and at peace and finding time to rest in and grow in love and understanding of God. I'm reading in James these days ("Consider it pure joy..."). If you think of it, pray for Jim's job situation and our future plans, that they would be directed by the Lord and that we would be useful vessels for him.

Had a fun day yesterday. My Korean friend, Nan Sook and also Jim's brother, Bob came over for dinner. I cooked Borscht (beets and cucumbers in a sour cream sauce) and fried cabbage and potatoes, indian style, and it was a nice time.

No comments: