Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Poor, neglected blog

I know it's been a while. I'm glad you care, Mark.
: ) That makes my blog feel loved and appreciated.

So ummm....where to begin? (scrounge, scrounge,
refer to journal...scrounge, scrounge..)

How can I even explain how much more happy I am
lately than a few weeks back. Emotion, emotion,
you continue to amaze me.

"Renovation of the Heart" (Willard) has a lot to say
on this topic, and that has been really encouraging
to me lately. He talks about how the mature
Christian who has taken on the attitude of Christ
will have the freedom to choose to act on, or to
refrain from acting on his/her emotions, although
he/she can't help having them. How we respond to
our emotions shows where our commitments really
lie, and what is most important to us.

I think it's easier to be happy when the weather is so
so so NICE. mmmmmm, beautiful Spring, you are
my friend. I love the midwest best of all in Spring,
hands down.

OK, and I'm trying to make conscious efforts these
days not to let my strange class scedule and piano
lessons schedule throw my sleep patterns into
confusion. I'm trying to get up and go to bed at
near the same time every day, and to start and end
the day focusing on God.

Spring break was last week. I had such wonderful
times with Mom, Dad, Mae and Mary darling. The
highlights were: tea and talking with Mae, talking
and eating weird snacks with mom, and dancing
with Mary and mom in the backyard late at night.

Two extremely exciting things are happening this
Friday. I get to meet someone and I get to play
a concert at Signs of Life. Yup, yup.

OK, back to the grind. I hope and pray all who
read this are well.

3 comments:

renee said...

hope the meeting and the playing all went well.

i think that coming to see you actually makes me miss you even more.

:-(

Lisa Bender said...

Awww. My Renee, I miss you! I guess I can't complain though 'cause it's my turn to come see you. Hmmm.... : )

renee said...

lisa lavonne

today marks the 10th-ish time i have read the opening line "poor neglected blog"

:-)