Monday, March 05, 2007

I ran across this thing I wrote about a year and a half ago. It's a
comparison between the process I go through in waking up in
the morning and what a flower does as it struggles to grow and
bloom.

Morning Routine

Open your eyes and smile
-Push through dirt
Worry just a little
-Imagine the light
Feel a surge of will
-Energy pulsing underground
Fumble, frantic, clock-watch
-Concentrating on its sound
Get your lead feet moving
-Sprout up, not knowing why
Too much tension rising
-Feel like you could die
All this mounting pressure
-Something beating down in beams
Inside there's a surrender
-Giving in to hopeless dreams
Grab your bag and run
-One final, desperate surge
Try to embrace the sun
-From weariness, emerge!
Forget about yourslef
-Stretch your neck up high
Lost and found and glowing
-Reflect your glory at the sky

3 comments:

renee said...

Mmm... i'm glad i get to come see you, my friend.

Lisa Bender said...

Don't worry about it. :-) I totally get the being busy thing.

I'm glad too!!!!!!!!!

Mark and Cristy said...

I WANT ANOTHER LISA UPDATE. It's been 3 weeks. After 2 weeks I get a little annoyed. After 3 weeks, I start really getting upset. -Mark