Sunday, July 24, 2005

Praise God, who has heard my prayer.

I have found a wonderful church called
Grace Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
This morning the visiting speaker who
is a missionary in China I believe, gave
a Sermon on Samuel, whose name means
"God hears." It was Biblical, thought-
provoking, and well spoken, though not
flashy.

Afterwards, the lady who hired me at
Wal-Mart, who I had a sneaking suspicion
was a believer, came up behind me and
excitedly exclaimed "Hi Lisa!" Then she
introduced me around, and another sweet
lady gave me a tour of the church and told
me all about a great 20s and 30s group
that meets on Monday nights, and about
how Biblically based the church is.

This is a church I think I could belong to,
and gratefully so. Thank you, Lord!!

I had a wonderful Friday night and Saturday
with my dear mother, sister Mae and niece
Mary. They were my first visitors, and their
visit was such a blessing to me. It is great
to have family with whom you can talk openly
and honestly with, and pray, laugh, and even
sing with. I can't believe Mae had never
played Scattegories before. It was great fun.
Mom won, which isn't surprising. (And this
was despite all my creative efforts. Hey, I
think an Octopus hat must exist as an article
of clothing, somewhere! And Guacamole gone
bad really is something I am afraid of sometimes,
ya know, like when I've made some good Guac.
and it's getting old, but I don't want it to...I try)

Speaking of mom, I would ask any of you
who feel led to keep her in your prayers for
matters concerning her health, specifically
her heart. We're still not completely sure
how serious it is, but in two weeks she will
be undergoing some treatments and possibly
surgery to deal with some blockage in her heart.
This is a scary time for her, but she is placing
her full trust in God through this. I know it isn't
always easy for her though. Please pray for
peace and protection, and true strength for
whatever lies ahead.

Have a great Sunday. :-)

No comments: