Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A new blog, a new life, a new start.

So far, some days I feel alive and hopeful, some days I feel
alone and unkown. But I've been told to expect to battle
lonliness for at least the first few months.

I miss you all. Yesterday I was thinking about people in my
past on and off all day, specifically Toccoa people like
Bethany, Kelley, Jamie, Jenny, Sarah and Kristin, Kims, etc.
I miss you, and hope you are all doing well. Forgive me if
I've been lax in contacting anybody reading this. I think life
will start to normalize in the next few weeks (well, I'm hoping).

I don't have a job yet, but I have some options. I'm trying to
decide between full-time at Wal-Mart (they offer good benefits
and flexibility) or some kind of part-time deal with this coffee
shop I just interviewed at and another part-time waitressing job,
or something like that. I'm hoping it will just kind of figure itself
out as I pursue all the options the best I know how. Please pray
for God's will to be done in my life.

God has been blessing my spirit in so many ways, even through
some tough moments lately. I know He is always with me, and
even when I'm so confused about which way to go, and even
when I feel like such a foolish child, I know deep down in my
soul that I am never alone.

Here is a Caedmon's Call song (from "In The Company of Angels"
CD) that helped me more than I can explain when it "randomly"
came up on my iTunes party shuffle while I was at a low point.

Laden With Guilt
words by Isaac Watts, music by Sandra McCracken

Laden with guilt and full of fears
I fly to Thee my Lord
And not a glimpse of hope appears
But in Thy written word
The volumes of my Father's grace
Does all my grief's assuage
Here I behold my Savior's face
In every page

This is the field where hidden lies
The pearl of price unkonwn
That merchant is divinely wise
Who makes the pearl His own
Here consecrated waters flow
To quench my thirst of sin
Here the fair tree of knowledge grows
No danger dwells within

This is the judge that ends the strife
Where wit and reason fail
My guide to everlasting life
Throughout this gloomy vale
O may Thy counsels, mighty God
My roving feet command
Nor I forsake the happy road
That leads to Thy right hand

I am so excited for all the lessons and experiences that
lie ahead! Year one in Lawrence, KS...begin!

2 comments:

renee said...

I'm sorry I missed your call yesterday! I'll try calling you back tonight. Yay!!

Lisa Bender said...

yeah, that's so true. I've been expressing that sentiment to many people, from the lady who cut my hair to the Barista at the cofee place last night.

I'm currently church shopping, shall we say. I had an interesting experience at this Baptist church last week. The Pastor actually preached from the pulpit that it was a basic necessity for Christians to use the King James Version of the Bible and later a guy told me that they believe that if people have a hard time understanding the archaic language, it is only because they do not have the Holy Spirit. So...I'm still looking. But it looks hopeful. Lots of churches.