Sunday, August 16, 2009

I decided it was time for a blog makeover. Also, today I got a haircut. I guess the winds of change are blowing.

I made friends with Lake Eerie on Friday. Yes, it's true, I am brave. It was a nice and surprisingly refreshing swim, despite it being less than perfect in every way. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say there were a few fish, not the living kind, gracing the shore. Yuck. Oh, well. It didn't kill me, and I feel like a real Cleveland girl now. I've been baptized in the infamous waters.

I've been writing in the journal lots lately. Also, reading in Ephesians a lot. I'll write more if I get time later - more reflections and ponderings.

For tonight I will just tell you that the internship is going really well. I've been feeling much refreshed after my vacation to Lawrence and Lincoln to rest up after the Broadmoor camp phase of the internship was completed. Now I'm working with the adult clients and pretty much loving it. The schedule isn't as crazy either, which is nice.

Should be getting to bed. I'm going to pick up Sarah in the morning and go hear preaching by Alistair Begg. Gotta love the Scottish accent. He is a great preacher.

I made friends with the lady that cut my hair, a random lady on a park bench, and had a long conversation with my coffee shop friend, Jerry, the middle aged Jewish man who writes hilarious and bizarre song parodies. And last Friday I got some dinner with my neighbor/friend, Seth. I have multiple friends in Lakewood now!! This is exciting. They're such a random bunch. Seth is a chef at the Ritz Carlton. Good times.

Oh, and things with Jim are going GREAT. He is a really awesome dude, that one. The long distance thing is always less than ideal, but it is well worth it just to be talking to someone that I think the world of. Yeah, it is going well, and I'm
thinking this will continue... Lord willing (and the creek don't rise). It is such a privilege to have someone in your life who you are crazy about and who values you. There is just something about having someone to love, and when that someone happens
to be someone you could see yourself with long term, well, it's really cool and exciting. Thank you, Lord.

God, our times are in your hand. Please give all of your children patience and help us to put our hope and trust in You above all others.

No comments: