Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm playing a show at "Signs of Life" (722 Massachusetts
St.) in Lawrence on February 13 from 8-10 pm. All are
welcome. I especially like for people to come if they
want to. : ) There's my plug. Oh, and if you come,
you should be prepared to offer a musical selection
because I don't like to be the only one who is bearing
her soul.

In other news, I may be interning in Cleveland, OH, at
a facility that works with adults with developmental
disability and kids with autism. It's not for sure
yet, but I'm so excited about the possibility! You
can youtube my name if you want a laugh. They had
me upload a video to show my guitar and piano skills.
It's pretty classic Lisa semi-awkward, so be prepared.

I am a youtube star. Wow, that's kind of sad to write.
Haha, well maybe not so much since only two people have
viewed the video. haha.

Guess what, friends? I am single. Solidly single.
I'm not dating anyone. And it is good! I don't want
to "fix" it. It isn't broken. It is whole. I plan on
soaking in the beauty of being o.k. with just being me.
And when (not if, mind you) I feel lonely, I will call
on Jesus, and He will teach me things and remind me
that relationships are a blessing only when they are
from Him, and He has led me to a place of needing some
time alone, relying on Him alone. This is where I need
to be. This is my time to heel from frustration and
disillusionment, with myself, with life, with confusion.

I had a busy last week. Also a forgetful week. I think
I was so focused on the internship stuff that my brain
couldn't hold in a few important things, such as a few
piano lessons and such. Yikes! Thank goodness for
gracious people. I hope next week is a little more
restful. I don't enjoy feeling frantic. The semester
is going well though.

I've written about three songs in the past month or so,
and I'm happy with the direction my songwriting is going.
The songs are much more focused on God and the things I've
been feeding on in the Gospels then they are about life
drama these days. I think 26 may be my year to start
mellowing out a bit. I could be wrong, but I think the
drama will gradually fade out. What will be at the end
of it all I do not know, nor do I want to. He knows. I
am content with whatever He decides. Honestly, I've never
meant that more then I do right now. I'm sure I will
struggle with it more... but for now... I am thankful for
life and breath, the Word, the Body of Christ, the
Counselor, and that Jesus and the Father are one, and I
am one with Christ. What could be more enrapturing?

Thank you for the opportunity of this life, my Lord.
You are Holy. You are preparing a place for me. I love
you.

How are you??? Seriously, I would love to know! O.k.,
I'll check your blog. : ) Blurg, blog, blarg. Those
words are fun to say.

Post things in your blogs. If you don't have one,
you should write me a long comment about what you did
this week.

Love you.

1 comment:

Maralee said...

Aw, my little Sis is growing up :) I love to see the growth God is leading you through. Come visit soon!

Maralee