Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tonight I feel like dancing.

Naomi and I had such a great time at the Renaissance Festival tonight, despite several bouts of aimless wandering. It took us about an HOUR to find my car afterward because it was so dark and we exited from a different place then we came in, and the parking lot was disastrously huge and in several, spread out sections. MAN, it was confusing, and kind of scary 'cause it was like, are we ever going to find my car?? Where are we??

And then on the way home, I missed the Lawrence exit and we ended up in Topeka. That is the fourth time I've done that on I-70. I have several funny memories of doing that exact same thing, once with Michial in the month of January, once with Chris last August, once by myself, and now, with Naomi. People, we need BIGGER SIGNS!! Come on! : ) Funny stuff.

So we ended the night with hot chocolate at Perkins and lots of laughing. What a great ending to the night. Thanks, Naomi. You're a real friend. : )

Friend, I hope you are well. Dance for me tonight, and for the strange beauty of life.

God, I thank you for your Son, for Jesus Christ my Lord. May I lead a life that is pleasing to him, despite my flaws and what sometimes seems like aimless wandering. Thank you for the people in my life, and for the chance to be someone who makes an impact in the lives of others. Please redeem every situation that I mess up in one way or another. Please, work all things for good (good = being conformed to the image of the Son) for those who love you, who you have called, who are living to serve your purposes and not their own. Thank you for your Word, for your compassion, and for every Spiritual blessing that is ours in Christ.

2 comments:

Jamie Gibson said...

Hello Lisa.

I don't expect you to respond to this, but I am genuinely glad to hear that you are doing well these days.

The thought of you dancing makes me smile.

Happy Autumn.

Maralee said...

Okay, time for a new post. I officially have the first line of this one memorized :)