Monday, March 03, 2008

Want to know a thought from my head? It is a special thought.
You see, sometimes I get sad sad SAD and think about things
that I don't understand and wish for what is not here, not now.

However, this realization is starting to make its way further and
further into my soul, and that is this: the world is SO much bigger
then me and God's purposes are being accomplished all over the
world. I want in on that action. I don't want to waste time ho-
humming about being alone again. I'm not really alone.

So, upward and onward. I really mean that. It's not some kind of,
"I don't need a man" cliche. It's not about that, 'cause truth be told,
I think I kind of do need a man. But that is something that God, in
his sovereignty, has not seen fit to fulfill in my life at this point.
And it is ok. He knows best.

I am slowly beginning to form my thoughts again and write some
songs. But I will need additional time to finish and polish them up.
I'll probably have to wait till summer to really dig in. Things are quite
busy. But in my heart, God has made a way for me to find rest and
peace. Thank you, Savior.

Today in church we talked about Christian unity on matters that are
grey and not capitalizing on differences that are not foundational. I
am a fan of this. I'm glad people have their opinions, I am just of the
opinion that it is so hard to know everything and it is healthy to allow
for yourself to be wrong on many things - just not on the foundation of
Christ and His work on the cross and a few other major tenants of the
faith.

I hope you are doing well. I am most likely praying for you as you come
to mind. I'm trying to be more intentional in my prayer life lately. I do
believe it matters. God really does hear, and it also helps my own heart
in its caring for things outside of my own little world. I want to live a life
so much bigger then what I can live on my own. Teach me Lord. Teach
all of us who are seeking you, Lord. Show us what it means to know you,
to follow you, to love you supremely, above all others. For this does not
imply that we do not love those in our life; it implies that we love them
exponentially more then we could on our own, because we love You the
most, and are becoming more like the one who laid down his life for the
sake of sinners.

"Well I pledge my head to heaven for the gospel
and I ask no man on earth to fill my needs
Like the sparrow up above I am enveloped in his love
And I trust him like those little ones he feeds"

--Keith Green, "I Pledge My Head to Heaven"

I am enjoying Jason Upton and The Innocence Mission these days for
music and a book on Nordoff-Robbins music therapy and one on St.
Francis (and the book of Jeremiah) for reading.

No comments: