Friday, March 21, 2008

My soul is starting to wake up, come back to life,
blossom, bubble, froth and etc.

Not that it was necessarily dead, dull or stagnant before,
but there is something that happens when it gets warmer
outside, and it is happening to me, bit by bit.

It has been a long winter. It's starting to break up.
I wrote an entire song yesterday, which, though formulaic,
I am quite fond of. 2 verses, chorus and bridge in tact, and
it is called "Recovering." It was one of those songs born out
of necessity. I needed to express it at that moment and it
helped me to work through some tough emotions.

I'm also working on several more directly faith related songs.
Lisa feels more at peace with herself when she is writing songs...
or when she is in love. Silly Lisa. Preferably both. But for now,
writing songs will have to do. : ) Thank God for his peace and
presence even in the midst of turmoil in the brain and black
prickles in the soul. Man, I am so glad He is a Merciful God.
I can be so impatient, emotional, and much too quick to forget
all that I am blessed with in Christ.

I hope you are feeling at peace and are doing those things (prayer
and the Word are implied) that make you satisfied in your Spirit
and at peace. I really hope that for anyone who reads this.

God bless.

2 comments:

renee said...

i miss you, lisa.

Maralee said...

Okay, Weezy, it's time to post something new :) I'm looking forward to hearing all the updates in person if you come up and see the fam in May.