Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Thunder is rumbling low out my window. Also, there are
firecrackers popping. It's a nice, unusual combination. Lots
of racket. I like it.

Friend, things are changing. Guess they always are in one
way or another.

I had such a nice weekend at home. It was fun to hang out
with brother, sister, families, and my cousin and his pregnant
wife. They are all such great people. I had a lot of fun just
being around all of them. It made it kind of sad to come
home to my lonely apartment. But I have my fishies, and more
importantly, so many good friends and people in my life who
care about me.

Speaking of people who care about me, it has been a little tough
lately to handle how much two certain people care about me. This
care is taking the form of vehemently disaproving of my choice of
boyfriends. Please pray for this if you think of it. I want to be
respectful but still make my own decision, regardless of the fears
and criticisms coming from these two whom I love and respect. I
know the criticisms are coming from hearts full of love and concern,
I just believe that how a person lives their life is far more telling of
their theology then what church they attend.

Of course, I only hold this belief to a certain extent. I mean, I don't
think it's just about being a nice person or something. You have to
believe in Jesus and trust His merits to save you. You need to rely
on the truth of His Word. But combined with these things, the most
important factor for deciphering someone's spiritual condition I
believe is the way they love others and their integrity.

What do you think? Anyone have a word for me on dating a Catholic
(also with Orthodox leanings) who appreciates the liturgy and the
reverence of the Eucharist upheld in this church? He's not a hardcore
Catholic in every way, but he's found a spiritual depth there that has
been very beneficial, having come from Protestant churches that just
weren't making the grade as far as challenging him to grow in his
walk with Christ. He's not anti-Protestant, he's just found something
that works better for him at this time in his life.

I'm done with my summer class. I'm looking forward to a nice July.

Hope you are well. I think I might take a walk.
Psalm 23 really is wonderful during times when you feel so insecure
and without support. I am glad for the support of my Father and for
the love of my family and so many others.
Lord, please let me serve you.

No comments: