Thursday, November 16, 2006

When did you fall in love with me
Was it out of the blue
'Cause I swear I never knew it
When did you let your heart run free
Have you been waiting long
When did you fall in love with me?

--Chris Rice

So when did I fall in love?
Just today I think.
Well, most every day perhaps.

But today I am happy in a way I've never
been before. It's registering deeper down
then it has in the past. Does that make it
more real? Does that mean I've deepened
as a person? I don't know for sure, but
that's what it seems to me.

Dear Lord, thank you. Just thank you.
You know, I told you again today that if
you would have me serve you alone, I
could accept that, if it was from you and
not just of my own doing. I don't want to
be alone, but if it is where you put me, I
can accept it. But right now, you have
allowed me a hope that my heart is still
dying to understand. So be it. Jesus, "I'll
take anything, anything genuine."

Anything genuine.

Future, mock on. Today, my last of year
23, I am defiant. Life IS beautiful. There
are things that matter, there are things that
matter less. "There is always hope" (quote
from LOTR "The Two Towers").

OK, I have to say it, Jamie, you are the greatest.
Thank you for everything.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome. Happy Birthday Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! The mix CD is on its way. - Mark

Lisa Bender said...

Awesome!