Monday, February 14, 2011

Just had the most wonderful Valentine's Day - my first as
a married person.  It was really great, especially after the
fight Jim and I had over the weekend.  I'm so glad our
fights are getting less frequent and worked through more
quickly.  With God's help, I think we will keep getting
better over time.

But it really is great to have someone in your life in a solid
way who you can get excited about doing special things for
and with.  I am really enjoying being married.  I even wrote
a song and played it for Jim.  It was called "New Creation"
and was about love and how much Jim's words affect me in
a good way and a little about our story and how God gave us
the verse about being a new creation when we got back together
last March.  He said he liked it.  He also seemed to like the
snapfish photo book.  It was a summary of our last year together
in pictures and captions.  That was fun to make.  I'm really
enjoying my gorgeous flowers that Jim surprised me with
on Sunday, a day early.  He really does take after my dad.
 : )  Dad refuses to comply with Valentine's Day.  

Marriage is completely wonderful, though also scary sometimes.
It can be scary in those moments when I'm feeling needy and
vulnerable.  I'm kind of scared of myself when I'm in that place
because I feel like I lose control over my emotions and they
sometimes cause me to do and say things I don't want to do or
say, but I feel so weirdly insecure about everything I keep
bumbling around, trying to find some reassurance that I am
lovable.  But Jim is learning how to handle me during those
times, and I'm trying to learn to be stronger as well, though I
know that may take quite a few years.  Sometimes I just loose it,
honestly.  I can't always handle my own emotions.  Good thing I
married a strong man who is there for me when I need him most!
Thanks, God, for giving me Jim.

We've had a lot of good times with the Benders lately, celebrating
Bob's and then Lisa's birthdays.  That has been really great, but I
must say, I miss my family in Lincoln a lot.  It's getting close to
two months now!  That will have to be remedied soon...

Jim and I went house shopping for the first time last weekend!  That
was so fun!  We're waiting and praying to be sure about moving
forward, but it is very exciting to consider this step.  We'll probably
make some kind of decision in April, one way or another.  Just looking
for now, weighing our options and praying for direction.

Piano lessons have been going well lately.  I have 20 students now,
split between Lawrence and the Kansas City area.  The thesis continues
to move slowly forward.  Hopefully progress will pick up soon so I can
attempt to graduate in May.  We'll see...

Well, that's about all for now.  Happy Valentine's Day!! 

1 comment:

bel said...

I love your honesty, Lisa. I've totally been there. Hope things are going well for you. Much love, Bryn